Sunday, May 17, 2009

Marlena & Me

A few years ago, when I was working for a company that printed pictures on cabinets; I had one made up for my husband for his birthday. I thought he would get a kick out of it, and used a picture of me taken 30 years ago. It was certainly one of those glimpses into the past that you cherish as you get older. Yes, I used to look like that! So what happened you ask? Time my friend; time happened.

At any rate, several people have commented that they thought it was Marlena Deitrich's picture; and he proudly proclaims, "No, that's my wife" to their dismayed stares. Today I was witness to this exact discussion. Someone came into the shop on business, and asked my husband about the picture on the cabinet, saying he thought it was Ms. Deitrich.

When we got home, just for fun I pulled up a picture of Marlena and put it next to the one of me used on the cabinet. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I would then ask, if you feel the need to ask what happened; you should know, I've enjoyed the journey of going from that young woman to the woman I am now. I recently read getting older is when the beauty on the outside moves to the inside, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Cheers, dahhling . . .

2 comments: