Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rich

I have visited the Old Port several times in the past few weeks; which has allowed me to check out stores that carry the type of jewelry I'm currently designing; in the capacity of a burgeoning Jewelery Artistan. I've always given my creations as gifts, and the thought of "selling" my designs requires me to take a look at what I have in stock so that I can get to the pleasurable task of making pieces to sell.

One thing I feel compelled to make is Sea Glass & Sterling Silver jewelry. Many of our beach trips require me getting sea glass hunting time in; just ask my husband, kids/grandkids, friends, visiting relatives; okay so you get it.

Today I took the various baggies from different beach combing trips and sorted them, so I can get busy making pieces. You have to know your stock so you know what you have access to, for your pieces. So I sorted, and graded, and had the most fun one can have; that is totally legal in all 50 states.

My husband would stop by my sorting tray and remember the various collecting trips that pieces had come from. My jewelry creating self was past excited to see all of the"Jems of the Sea", I have right in front of me; just waiting for me to make it into a piece of jewelry. Once I finished the task, I felt like I was rich - in my own way. Wohoo!!

Plus, I add; it's a wonderful pass time - spent with family and friends, walking the craggy beaches of Maine, looking for the next treasure, just waiting to be found.

Soon we'll be uploading to our Classic Cottage Living website; so you can see exactly what we're up to with all of these treasures. Now, look at the tide chart, the weather channel and start planning your own treasure hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment