Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

When the only words you hear from the weather people are blustery, frigid, bone chilling and wind chill; you know you're in for it. Knowing that we have chosen to live in Maine; as my son who lives in Tennessee reminds me, one must expect a fair amount of extreme winter weather, right? Well we can always hope that we'll have a mild winter, can't we?

Then, reality settles right on our doorstep and we once again remember that we are strong enough to live in MAINE, so quit with the whining and bundle up and carry on. There is a really big part of me that wants to be a sissy and stay home, snuggled up and cozy. But then the reality of life comes knocking at the door, and the people that rely on me to show up at work makes me get up hours before the first rays of the sun appear, make the coffee; feed the animals and plan which layers I will wear today as I brave the elements.

As I listen to the weather, I realize we are some of the lucky ones; it's colder elsewhere which is always comforting. You know the old saying, "misery loves company". With that I'd better grab a hot breakfast and get out and hope the car starts!

Stay warm,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment